Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hi, My Name Is Mary



And I have a problem. A problem with sock yarn. "It's just sock yarn," I say. "I knit socks all the time. It'll be in and out of the stash before I know it." I buy more and more--just one skein! A souvenir! A new brand.

I've never knit with Austermann Step before, so when my LYS picked up the Zodiac line, of course I had to try it out.


This is Pisces--not my sign, but I couldn't resist the blue-purple yumminess.

But this is only one skein, you say. How does this indicate a problem?

Well, while digging around in the stash, I found this (Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select in "Peacock"):


And this (Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in "Java"):


And this is but the tip of the iceberg, my friends.

There's a reason I'm calling this the Year of the Sock.

You'll be relieved to know that the Irishman has claimed this


for his next pair. He's had his greedy eyes on it ever since I brought it back from New York.

No comments: