Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

Sometimes, the universe reminds you that people are wonderful.

As you all know, I've been knitting the Birthday Pi--it still looks pretty much like this, for a given level of blobbyness:


I've become a bit concerned that I'll run out of yarn. I have about 50 rows left on the body, and then the edging to do, and I've used more than half my skein.

Running out would be especially problematic as not only is Arabella discontinued anyway, but when Tony at Posh dyes, he dyes in small batches and doesn't repeat dye combinations. Which means that the only other yarn in the world that matches this one would be a skein dyed at the same time, more than two years ago. Eep.

I'd thought of a couple workarounds, but last night I thought, "first things first," and decided to check Ravelry stashes to see if anyone had Arabella in this or a coordinating colorway. (I'm reasonably sure I can get to the end of the body, at least . . .) Lo and behold, I found someone right away with the exact same yarn. And, although she didn't have it listed for sale or trade, when I pm'd to ask, she responded right away, saying she'd be happy to send it along if I need it, but assuring me that I won't run out!

This sort of thing gives me such warm fuzzies. The knitting community is full of such kind, generous people, and it makes me happy to know that I'm connected to them. <3

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, that's so wonderful! Good for her! I think every knitter can relate to the fear of running out, but how cool that she wanted to make sure you didn't.

It's gorgeous already, even before finishing and blocking.