Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Yet Another WIP

Last summer, I participated in Camp Loopy, and it was so much fun I'm doing it again.  (Not to mention, I got three FOs--including a sweater for myself--in three months.  V. efficient for the normally non-monogamous knitter.)

The first month's challenge is to knit something inspired by a favorite book, movie, or TV show.  At first, I was stumped, so I went prowling through my Ravelry queue.  And what should I find but the Edwardian Boating Socks, which I queued way back when the Yarn Harlot knit them.  (Whenever THAT was.  Some time ago.)

I immediately thought of To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis, one of my favorite novels by one of my favorite authors.  Much of the action takes place in the 1880s, while boating, you see.  (The book was inspired and heavily influenced by Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat.)

So really they should be Victorian boating socks, but WHATEVER.  A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

I am knitting them in Fable Fibers Novel (80/10/10 merino/cashmere/nylon), which I am liking very much so far.  Nice and plump.


I am also absurdly pleased by the matchy-matchy stitch marker.

No comments: