Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ravelympic Glory!

Yeah, yeah, we're supposed to call them the "Ravellenic Games" now, but whatever.  I invite the IOC to send me a cease-and-desist, as it will only drive traffic to my tiny blog.

Anyhoo, I knit these socks for the 2012 Summer Games.  They were chosen cannily as a project suitable for knitting quickly while traveling--we drove across the country three times that summer (I don't recommend it, incidentally).  I was right to do it, they knit up easily in the allotted time and I achieved three medals, which still may be seen on my Ravelry profile.


Pattern: Sign of Four by Anne Hanson.  Easy to knit, easy to memorize, and easy to adapt to toe-up.  I subbed in my favorite toe and heel (which I pretty much always do.)


Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot (60/25/15 wool/mohair/nylon, 400yd/100g skein) in colorway "Moose Creek."  Love this yarn.  It's nice and thick (verging toward sport) and cushy.

I intended to give them to my dad for his birthday that year, but (foolishly) I put them into storage and then moved, so they became a Fathers' Day present for 2013.  When he was living in Cyprus.  A place where no mohair socks are ever needed.  But now he's back in Idaho and wearing them regularly.  So knitworthy, my dad.

No comments: