Wednesday, July 23, 2014

So I've Been Thinking

(A dangerous pastime! I know!  But that crazy old coot is Belle's father, and his sanity's only so-so.)

(A film I may have watched one too many times.)

I've been catching up on my blog reading lately (and mystery novels, but not on the internet), and thinking about what makes a blog an appealing read.  And I've come to the conclusion that my favorite blogs feature a combination of appealing knits, excellent photography, and good storytelling.

Now I'm not the most cutting-edge knitter, and I'm certainly not a very good photographer, but I am, when I choose to be, a very good storyteller.  (Modesty is also not counted among my better points.)

In the past, I'd left storytelling and, really, any personal details to other places--my personal blog, Facebook,* Ravelry--but that seems almost silly now.  Knitting is what I spend most of my time doing, and I would like to spend more time telling you about what I do, even if it's not necessarily knitting.

So I am going to try to be less strict and more open here, meaning that in addition to posts about knitting, there may be posts about what I'm having for dinner, what the weather is like in New Mexico, and what stupid stuff my dog is doing.  Also, I may bring in some of my non-knitting interests, which include translating racy Latin poetry and criticizing the aesthetic choices of others.

Also probably more swearing.

I hope this will lead to more frequent and enjoyable posting.  Let me know what you think . . .

Gozer says: "Are you not entertained?"

 *Feel free to friend me on either, but I automatically delete friend requests on the Book of Faces if there are no mutual acquaintances, so message me and mention why if you do so.

No comments: