Monday, December 15, 2014

Animal Crackers

in my soup, monkeys and rabbits loop-de-loop . . .

STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR ALL TIME!

As you may have guessed, I finished the Animal Crackers socks!



PATTERN: Animal Crackers by Don Yarman.  Interesting and enjoyable to knit.  I made the smallest size minus four stitches to account for my gauge in the thickish yarn. 

YARN: Wollmeise Twin (80/20 merino/nylon, 510 yds/150g skein) in colorway WD Himbeere.  A note about Wollmeise colors--Claudia, the dyer, has what you might call exacting color standards, and skeins that don't meet them are pulled out and labeled "We're Different."  She sells them in grab bags on her website, and sometimes regular skeins are pressed into service.  So WD skeins can be very close to a named colorway, or they can be radically different.  Either way, they're still lovely.

As always, it's a pleasure to knit with WM, and it makes wonderful socks.  I used just under 100g.


NEEDLES: US 0/2mm.  Knitter's Pride Karbonz have lately become my favorites, more so even than wood.  I don't like the metal tips, which seem a bit sleazy, but I do like the carbon.  I have a pair of knockoff Blackthorns, but I haven't tried them yet.

NOTES: Gozer approves!


I am still knitting on the big blue blob, incidentally.  It has gained a ribbing and about 8 inches of sleeve.  Send chocolate.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Those are so cool!

And now I have that song in my head. I haven't heard it in a very long time and my brain hasn't yet figured out who was singing the album I bought 25 years ago that it's on. A Klutz Press album maybe? (They're local.)