Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Adaptions

As you can see from the sidebar, this year I'm a member of Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Rockin' Sock Club. I finally got around to the January kit last week. (Don't judge me.)

The socks as pictured were gorgeous, but they were beaded. I'd started knitting the pattern as written (mostly) but was wondering if I would ever wear beaded socks. Then my friend B left a note on my Facebook page, saying she was thinking about fingerless mitts, "something like this sans finger bits." Cue lightbulb moment.

After a lot of trial and error, this is what I came up with:


I'd never knit with beads before, but I recommend it. It's fun!


On the trial and error note, I couldn't make head or tail out of the cast-on for this pattern as written. I don't know if I'm just dim or what, but after three or four attempts at it, I gave up and used my usual method.

Mitt two is on the needles, and I'm thinking of what to do next. So much knitting, so little time.

No comments: