Sunday, August 23, 2009

Maybe sparrow*


Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark.


Final dimensions: about 68 x 36", severely blocked. I did 19 repeats of the budding lace (instead of the 14 called for in the pattern).


Yarn: Posh Yarn Miranda (alpaca/silk/cashmere 70/20/10), colorway Mimosa. Size 4/3.5mm needles.



The budding lace is (to borrow a phrase from Aspen) boring as tar to knit, but the pattern in general has plenty of interest. I would say it is fairly advanced--being able to "read" lace is a must, and the nupps are a bit tricky to execute. Clark (and the folks at Interweave) gets two thumbs up for formatting; her instructions and charts are crystal-clear. Any issues I had were of my own making.

*In my "everyday" blog, I always title posts with song lyrics. I don't try to do that here, but this popped into my head and seemed appropriate for a bird shawl. What can I say, I've been on a big Neko Case kick lately.

No comments: