I've been giving the sweater a lot of love lately. See? Here's the complete back--
And left front, minus neck and buttonband, of course. (I think maybe I'll attempt steam-blocking everything before I assemble it.)
The light in the backyard was awfully gray when I took these--the real color of the sweater is much more buttery, and it's more accurate in this picture of the skein.
Here's a close-up of the cable, which is a simple front/back cross.
I've made a few modifications to the pattern so far. First, I moved the cables a little closer together. In the pattern as written, they're placed closer to the armscye. Having consulted pictures on Rav, I decided I didn't like the look. (I also thought they would fall oddly across the bust if placed that way.) As it is, if I were to do it over I'd move them even farther toward the neck. Second, I omitted the pockets--I didn't like the look of those, either. I do have a plan for them, though, which I'll get to later.
I will note, though, that these modifications were made because I'm picky, not due to any fault of the patterns. As always, Swartz's instructions are excellent.
Now off to work on the other front . . .