Monday, September 21, 2009

Sock it to me

Bad blogger is bad. I've mostly been working on the Endless Sweater this past week, but there's been a fair amount happening on the sock front as well. The first Hibiscus sock is past the heel turn:


It doesn't look like much without a foot inside, but I think it'll be very pretty. This pattern has some odd things happening in the shaping--you break the yarn to start the gussets, which I've never seen before. It works out, though, so I suppose it's just another method to add to the mental list. This shot really shows off the silk in this yarn--see the sheen?


I've also worked some more on the latest Mindless Sock:


I really like the combination of the self-striping yarn with the plain white. I can't wait to wear these. They're so soft.

In other news, the Endless Sweater nears completion. The whole thing is knit and pieced, and I'm on the buttonbands/collar. Anything more will have to wait until Thursday's knit night, though--I want to pick out some buttons before I make the buttonholes! In the meantime, you may visualize a giant blob of oatmeal-covered yarn. (It looked pretty sharp and much less blobby until I picked up all the collar stitches.) And in the meantime, I'm going to knit some more socks.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oooh, pretty... All my socks have been plain ribbed so they'd fit.