Monday, March 30, 2009

General update

While I've been knitting tons, I don't really have a lot to show for it. Juno and Brioche look exactly like they did last time, more or less.

You may imagine pictures of them here, if you like:



*scarves, a little longer*



I did finish my mom's hat. Here it is, modeled by yours truly.


Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints, colorway (creatively named) 9877. The pattern is the "Most Basic Hat" from Hip to Knit. I did make a tactical error, though. I washed the hat--it really needed a soaking to even up the decreases--but forgot the fickle nature of superwash. Damp, it was HUGE (and incredibly limp, stupid superwash). I baked the sucker in the dryer and it went back to normal size. Note to self: pre-wash wool and go down a needle size next time.

I'm also working on another pair of toe-up socks (still in Regia--I know a good thing when I knit it). At the request of Aspen, I'm perfecting the pattern, which is designed to be the most mindless and easy pair of socks in the world. Once said pattern is done, I will release it to the general populace.

Next time, maybe some pictures of what I got over break . . . or maybe cute pictures of puppies . . . you'll just have to wait to see.

So that's what's going on? What are you knitting, crafting, reading, or otherwise engaged in?

3 comments:

Superquail said...

Right now I am working on a giant blanket. This is my second giant blanket. I like making them because I don't have to think at all and I can knit while watching TV and not worry that I'm going to mess the whole thing up. I can't quite do that if I'm knitting a hat. A scarf is ok. Giant blankets are nice, though. Pantouffe likes them. :)

Fellmama said...

Yeah, simple knitting for television is a must. And kitties do love the blankets. I should get a cat . . .

Superquail said...

Yes. You should definitely get a cat.