Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yarn pron

I've gotten some very nice things recently, and I thought I'd take some pictures while it was sunny outside. (This, of course, doesn't include the spoils of my recent week in DC . . .)

First, laceweight from my favorite dealer source, Posh Yarn. The purple is Arabella (70/30 merino/cashmere) in "Karma" and the black is Cecilia (50/50 silk/cashmere) in "Onyx."


This laceweight I got at my LYS. It's J. Knits "Lace-a-licious" (100% alpaca) in the colorway "New York" (so of course I couldn't resist).


This is some more alpaca, in a slightly heavier weight. I think these lovely things are destined to be a hat and scarf for yours truly.


Last but not least, my birthday present from K was a membership in this year's Rockin' Sock Club. I don't yet know if I'll use the club pattern, but it's an awful pretty yarn . . .

4 comments:

Superquail said...

I love alpaca yarn! It is so soft it makes me want to stuff my face in it. Sigh . . .

Fellmama said...

I know! It's so warm and squishy.

Superquail said...

One time, I went to an alpaca ranch in Israel. It was a really cool place. You could walk among the alpaca and they were so cute! You just wanted to cuddle one!!

Fellmama said...

That sounds like so much fun! Although it's probably for the best that I've never been to an alpaca ranch--I'd probably be thrown out for trying to . . . liberate some fleece.