Monday, March 16, 2009

What it is that has been going on

I'm back! Things in my personal life are better--or at least good enough that I can do some serious knitting. So, without further ado . . .


First, this is a hat for my mother, to replace one I made long ago that got lost. Yarn is good old Cascade 220, pattern is the "Most Basic Hat" from Hip to Knit. Incidentally, this is the very first knitting book I ever bought, and it's served me well. Some of the more "fashionable" stuff is a bit out-dated now--remember those open sweater coats from about eight years ago?-- but the basics are solid. I knit my first hat, socks, and sweater all from this book.


Second, I've picked Brioche back up. Isn't it pretty? The brioche stitch disguises the color changes well, too. (No, I am not looking forward to weaving in all those ends, thankyouverymuch.)


Third, I've started Juno Regina. It's a great pattern and a lovely yarn, but oy . . . this part where you knit the same thing for 42 inches straight--it wears on a girl. Here you see it looking kind of crappy, the way lace always does pre-blocking.

1 comment: