Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Baby's Second Tattoo

Yes, that's right--after all the whining I did last time, I'm knitting another Baby's First Tattoo (from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation). I know, I swore I wouldn't do it, but it's soooooo cute. And a really easy knit.

I mean, look, here's a back and most of a sleeve already:



Also, this sort of thing would be quicker and easier if I didn't get these bees in my bonnet. This sweater is for my newest little cousin, Sophie, who was born a week ago today. Her father's brother's daughter (how's that for complicated?) got the orange version of the sweater, so I thought it would be nice to make this one in a different color and with a new motif on the front. Her parents aren't really skull and crossbones people, and I didn't like the other pre-charted motifs, so . . . I made my own!


If you can't tell, it's a little Chinese dragon, and I think it'll be absolutely adorable. Now I just need to knit it . . .

No comments: