Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Really, that long?

Yeah, I know. But moving is haaaaaaaaaaaaaard. First, you have to pack up all your yarn. And then move it. And then unpack it. And you never know where you've put anything.

Well, at least, I never know. Maybe it's different for those of you who are "organized." Do let me know what it's like sometime.

Anyway, on the knitting front I have managed to accomplish a few things. Thus, it is time for a (*announcer voice*)

Work in Progress: Update (update update)

First and foremost, Irtfa'a. When last seen, it looked like this:


(Incidentally, why do so many knitters describe their knitting--particularly shawls and sweaters--as she? My knitting is genderqueer.)

Now it looks like this:


Yes indeed, Big Black Blob status has been achieved. I'm 2/3 done with the quill and feathers section, allllllllmost ready to start the edging. So close, and yet so far!


Next is the (sadly misnamed) March scarf. When last seen, it looked like this:


Now, it looks like this:


I estimate that it's about half-done. I have an issue with scarves where I stop knitting when I get bored, not when the scarf should actually be stopped. So they tend to be kind of short. I myself like a short scarf, but apparently other people don't? Or something crazy like that, anyway. So this time I am going with the POWER of MATHEMATICS to achieve a 60" scarf.

Also, maybe I'll change the name so it's less depressing. My friend Stephanie from knit night calls it my "candy cane." Much more friendly, eh?

So you see, lots of progress on the primary WIPs. Ravelry informs me that I have several FOs and new WIPs to discuss, but I think I'll leave those for next time. Au revoir, mes amies!*

*I don't actually speak French. I just think it's classy.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Or you could always sew the ends and call it a cowl, right?