Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Dreamy Day of Daydreaming of You

Okay, so Of Montreal probably weren't talking about knitting, but . . . isn't this dreamy?


This is my completed Dreams of Madeira scarf. The pattern is free, and a quick and beautiful knit. Needles: size three (3.25 mm).


The yarn is Jojoland Harmony (100% wool); I think colorway HC07. Ball band is not handy. This yarn is a good value for the money (800 yds for about 10 USD per skein). It's not incredibly soft, which is a quality I find many cobweb-weight yarns have; something about the proportionally higher twist, I think? Knit up and washed, however, it's softer and very warm and light. It's a separately-dyed two-ply, which gives it the beautiful color changes.


The model is the long-suffering Irishman, who--unfortunately for him--happened to be wearing a black shirt the day I decided to take pictures. But doesn't he look adorable?


The scarf, which is really more of a stole, is a gift for my friend (and new housemate!), Jennifer. I mention the stole thing because it came as a bit of a surprise to me. Not at all a bad thing, just if you're looking for something long and skinny, this isn't it.

Anyway, I am very pleased, and I even have yarn leftover!

No comments: