Sunday, August 10, 2014

This, That, and the Other Thing

So you may or may not have been aware of this, but I'm getting married.  In, like, three weeks.  (WHY YES I AM PANICKING THANK YOU FOR ASKING)

My friend Wendy made me a dress, but of course I needed a shawl to go with it.  And Jane designed one for me!  Yay!

She kept coming up with designs and I was all "ooh I like that one," and then she sent me this one, saying "I think this could be THE ONE" and damned if she wasn't right.


This is a terrible photo taken at 2 AM because that's when I finished binding off.  Finished pictures later.  (I blocked it this afternoon, so I am actually ahead of the wedding-apparel game.  For now.)

In other news, I entered a few pieces in the county fair:


Why yes, that is my Maplewing that won Reserve Grand Champion.  (A friend of mine won Grand Champion, too.)  Go me.

And here are a few choice photos from our walk tonight--

The sunset reflecting off clouds to the south



For some reason this streetlight was on before all the others.  Neat effect.

Trumpet vine volunteer!

No comments: