Saturday, November 27, 2010

My mom is the greatest

And why's that, you may ask?

A while ago we were talking on the phone, and she mentioned that an older lady at her church had died recently. She'd been an avid knitter, and her husband wanted to donate her stash to the church rummage sale, profits to be given to the local knitting guild. Said Mom: "I told him I'd look at it . . . I figured it would mostly be old-lady yarns. And ohhhhhh, Lanafactrix . . . she had the most beautiful things."

Mom went on to describe the stash--fun ribbon yarns, some good basic wools, and lots of other nice things that would sell well at the rummage sale. "And there was this lovely blue-green stuff, a whole bag of it--I kept that for you."

Oooh! What is it, Mom?

"Well, it's . . . 'Merino Stripes' . . . says it's 90% merino wool, 10% acrylic . . ."

And what's the brand?

"Crystal Palace Yarns. Is that good?"

And then, a few weeks later, I get this in the mail:


Oh, Mama--you have no idea how good!

No comments: